Saturday, November 13, 2010

Yarra Valley Regional Overview by Phil Sexton

The great and important task of giving us a regional overview of the Yarra Valley was given to Phil Sexton. Co-founder of Australia's first microbrewery, Matilda Bay Brewery back in 1984, Phil moved to the Yarra to produce wine with a sense of place. In fact all of his wines under the Giant Steps label come from a single vineyard. Phil also created the Innocent Bystander label which has a trendier image with wines like Moscato, Pinot Gris and Viognier; aromatically making their way to the younger wine drinker. 

Phil built an image and name of his own in the little town of Healesville in the heart of the Yarra Valley. Anyone can enjoy a lovely brekkie or meal at his bistro and of course taste his range of wines. Listening to Phil talk was an experience of its own for me since this man has passion for wine, marketing vision and business acumen all rolled up in his sleeve.  



3 comments:

  1. Very cool blog, nice to find someone from malta on a similar path. I'm studying Master Sommelier and WSET on to Master of Wine. I just started a blog regarding wine and my study, www.willswines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Will, great to hear another Malteser is studying wine and enjoying the journey of discovering new wines. I will add your blog to my blog roll. keep it up! will be in Malta during Xmas, maybe we can meet for a btl of wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are You interested in a change of link with my blog?
    It's new and growing up day by day: http://the-world-wine.blogspot.com
    Let me to know it
    Thanks
    Matteo from Italy
    P.s. I'll study wine in Tuscany (wset) where You start to love it!!

    ReplyDelete